Courthouse Record Services
Courthouse Record Services
United One offers a variety of courthouse record services designed for lending and documentation fulfillment. We can help you grow your business through our focus on quality products, personal customer service and advanced technology. United One employs a network of on-staff and subcontract courthouse searchers to perform current owner property reports throughout the country. Covered by an extensive errors and omissions policy, our services are used by a wide variety of lenders for their home equity, commercial, mortgage and collection needs. With an average turnaround time of forty-eight hours, our courthouse record services allow you to provide exceptional service to your consumer.
Our menu of courthouse record services includes:
Current Owner Property Report
Our current owner property report is our main courthouse record service. Primarily used by home equity and commercial lenders, this report details a property’s ownership, outstanding mortgages, liens and taxes in an easy-to-read format that promotes clarity and quick decision-making. Covered by our extensive errors and omissions coverage, this report provides a great alternative to title insurance with its quick and cost-effective overview of a subject property.
Here are some of the highlights of our report:
- Name of current owner
- Date of the deed into the current owner
- Date the deed was recorded with record book and page number or instrument number
- Name of the grantor for the subject property
- Tax assessment information
- Status of taxes as it is reported in the Tax Claim Office
- Name of mortgage holder (if any) since date of the deed into property owner
- Date of the mortgage and when it was recorded
- Mortgage book and page number
- Amount of the mortgage
- Any judgments against the current owner which may affect the property
Mortgage Filing and Bringdown Service
United One offers a mortgage filing and bringdown service designed for non-title insurance transactions. Before recording a mortgage document, United Ones’ network of on-staff and subcontract searchers will update our original property report. If the property’s ownership has changed or any intervening liens have been filed, United One will notify the lender for guidance. Otherwise, a recording verification will be forwarded to the lender and, once available, the original mortgage document. Covered by our extensive errors and omissions policy, this product is used extensively by home equity and commercial lenders.
County courthouse records are checked for any judgments or liens filed against an individual or company. This insured report provides the date of the item, its court docket number, the judgment creditor and the amount. Copies of the judgment are available upon request.
Full Title Searches
This extensive review of courthouse records is used to fulfill the requirements for title insurance or certain lending criteria. This provides a detailed look at the property’s ownership, outstanding mortgages, liens and taxes. We also include information on right-of-way, easements and other courthouse information that may impair the chain of title.
The business of growing and managing your business is becoming increasingly difficult. A low rate environment forces you to be extremely efficient across all business processes. Competitors are aggressively pursuing your best customers in your backyard – as a result many lenders have grown their portfolio by expanding across multiple geographies. Technology advances require you to make large investments to build capabilities in non-core functions to meet the expectations of a mobile, bank anywhere – anytime consumer. Additionally, regulators continue to weigh heavy on the processes of assessing, making and protecting loans and lien positions.
To the team at United One, developing services to protect your loans is as important as being the definitive source of information to help you make loans. Our Tax Monitoring Services protects your lien position over the life of the loan and helps you stay compliant with servicing requirements. We combine up-to-date data sources with experienced searchers, working in county tax claim offices, to ensure the most accurate, timely and cost effective approach to protect your portfolio and to ensure compliance with county, state and federal regulations. Lenders that service first mortgage and commercial real estate loans have a responsibility to monitor the proper payment of property taxes and ground rents for every outstanding loan. This is a cost of doing business in today’s increasingly complex, increasingly difficult lending environment, but a cost that is reduced by working with United One.
- New loans, we work with you to ensure that the borrower pays settlement fees associated with monitoring tax payments over the life of the loan.
- Existing loans, we use our trained searcher staff which frees up your team to do what they do best – make loans and service customers.
United One helps customers by providing definitive information to make the best collateral based lending decisions and offering services to protect our customers’ lien position over the life of each and every portfolio loan. Since tax liens have priority over lender liens, you want to ensure that you, not the taxing authority, have the primary lien position.
- No delay: We provide prompt insight on the status of loans as tax information is reported to each county’s claim bureau.
- No guessing: Our information and processes are consistent across all loans and across all counties providing a sense of assurance and safety.
- No gaps: We are a full service provider that creates great value from mortgage application to loan satisfaction.
- No burden: We focus on protecting loans and keeping you compliant with Fannie Mae as you focus on making loans and serving your customers.
Like the entire family of United Ones’ risk management information services, our courthouse record services can be ordered online through our login center. Our reports can be delivered to you via our website or via e-mail, while certain courthouse copies are delivered via fax.
This product can easily be bundled with the following products and services: